Mr. Martin has successfully completed over $5 billion worth of real estate transactions over the last 35 years. This includes 5.1 million square feet of leasing assignments, 103 building sale transactions totaling 7.4 million square feet, and 21 land sale transactions encompassing 1,263 acres.
Mr. Martin co-founded Stetson Earhart with Sam Wright, Esq. in August 2019. In February 2013 Mr. Martin joined Cushman & Wakefield’s Palo Alto office (formerly known as Cassidy Turley and DTZ) as Managing Director after relocating from the San Jose Office of Cushman & Wakefield. Prior to joining Cushman & Wakefield in January 1999, Mr. Martin was a Senior Vice President with Cornish & Carey Commercial in Palo Alto (now known as Newmark Knight Frank) where he completed over $500 million of leasing and sales transactions.
Mr. Martin was the President of Portfolio Realty Advisors where he supervised 12 brokers and managed many of the real estate advisory, OREO/REO leasing and sales transaction services for Bank of America, Sanwa Bank, Security Pacific Bank, San Francisco Federal Savings, and Bay Area Bank. During the late 1980’s, Mr. Martin was a Vice President with Equitec Properties Company where he managed the National Real Estate Disposition Group which conducted property sales from their portfolio of 20 million square feet of office, R&D, industrial and apartment properties. In the early and mid-80’s Mr. Martin was the Silicon Valley Regional Vice President of Bishop Hawk, a commercial real estate brokerage firm with 28 brokers. Before starting his commercial real estate career, Mr. Martin was a Vice President with the Commercial Banking Group of Wells Fargo Bank and a Vice President with the Corporate Banking Group of Union Bank.
Mr. Martin was the real estate advisor to FMC Corp. on the sale of their 592,401 square feet of office, industrial and manufacturing buildings located on 75 acres on Coleman Avenue in San Jose. He was also the real estate advisor for the site selection and acquisition of 53 acres of land for the new 1.2 million square feet Kaiser Permanente Hospital and medical office building campus in Santa Clara.
Corporate Lease Transactions (Partial List):
• 219,000 square feet leased to Hyperion Solutions (Oracle)
• 214,522 square feet leased to Savvis
• 129,604 square feet leased to Magma Design Automation
• 100,842 square feet leased to Symantec
• 87,329 square feet leased to Atheros Communications
• 80,125 square feet leased to Underwriters Laboratories (UL)
• 56,315 square feet leased to Apple
• 52,000 square feet leased to Aspect Software
• 50,400 square feet leased to Atheros Communications
• 49,950 square feet leased to Verint Systems
• 33,302 square feet leased to Honda
• 30,057 square feet leased to Bosch
• 28,636 square feet leased to ABB
• 25,012 square feet leased to Health Hero Network
Corporate Sale Transactions (Partial List):
• 3Com West Campus, 876,359 square feet
• 3Com East Campus, 306,412 square feet
• Aspect Communications Campus, 220,591 square feet
• Enterprise Holdings, 217,800 square feet
• Underwriters Laboratories (UL) Campus, 170,836 square feet
• Silicon Graphics (SGI) campus, 167,208 square feet
• 1999, 2000, 2003, 2004, 2007, 2008, and 2011: Cushman & Wakefield Top 5 Agent in Silicon Valley
• 2000 Broker of the Year Award - Legacy Partners Commercial
• 2003 and 2004 Northern California Co-recipient Deal of the Year Award – Cushman & Wakefield
• 2007 Northern California Co-recipient Service Excellence Award – Cushman & Wakefield
• 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998 Top Producers Club – Cornish & Carey Commercial
• Bachelor’s Degree (cum laude), California State University, Fresno
• State of California Real Estate Broker License